Kid Icarus: Uprising
Kid Icarus: Uprising is a third-person action game released on the Nintendo 3DS. It would be the first Kid Icarus game released in over 20 years.
It was officially announced at E3 2010 that it would re-imagine 3D design of Pit and the enemies from the original game. It was released on March 22nd in Japan, March 23rd in North America and Europe, and March 29th in Australia.
Kid Icarus: Uprising is a direct sequel to Kid Icarus, and takes place twenty five years after the original game. Medusa is revived and she tries to eradicate the mortals while seeking revenge for what Pit and Palutena did.
The overall story is split into two major arcs. In the beginning, upon hearing about Medusa's revival, Palutena sends Pit to stop Medusa and her Underworld Army, and restore peace to Angel Land. During the latter portion of the story, Pit will encounter new characters and enemies in his journey. Pit and Palutena must deal with the bigger threats of Viridi and her Forces of Nature, as well as Hades, God of the Underworld and the true antagonist of the game.
 Gameplay Modes
 Story Mode (Single Player)
The Story Mode is divided into 25 Chapters that each represent a stage. Each Chapter is divided between an Air Battle, Land Battle, and Boss Battle. After clearing the Story Mode, you'll unlock a bonus Chapter which is the Boss Battle Mode. The Chapters are as follows:
- Chapter 1: The Return of Palutena
- Chapter 2: Magnus and the Dark Lord
- Chapter 3: Heads of the Hewdraw
- Chapter 4: The Reaper's Line of Sight
- Chapter 5: Pandora's Labyrinth of Deceit
- Chapter 6: Dark Pit(Chapter)
- Chapter 7: The Seafloor Palace
- Chapter 8: The Space-Pirate Ship
- Chapter 9: Medusa's Final Battle
- Chapter 10: The Wish Seed
- Chapter 11: Viridi, Goddess of Nature
- Chapter 12: Wrath of the Reset Bomb
- Chapter 13: The Lunar Sanctum
- Chapter 14: Lightning Battle
- Chapter 15: Mysterious Invaders
- Chapter 16: The Aurum Hive
- Chapter 17: The Aurum Brain
- Chapter 18: The Ring of Chaos
- Chapter 19: The Lightning Chariot
- Chapter 20: Palutena's Temple
- Chapter 21: The Chaos Vortex
- Chapter 22: Scorched Feathers
- Chapter 23: Lord of the Underworld
- Chapter 24: The Three Trials
- Chapter 25: The War's End
Boss Battle Mode is a solo player, survival mode that puts Pit against all of the bosses he usually faces at the end of the Chapter. Pit has to defeat all of the bosses with limited health recovery. After defeating each boss, you will always return to the lobby, with the opportunity to heal yourself using the Drink of the Gods item, but you are limited with only five of them. With 20+ boss battles to complete, you have to be careful not to take too much damage in a fight, for if you run out of the Drink of the Gods item early, there's no possible way to recover health during the remaining fights.
 Together Mode (Multiplayer)
Together Mode consists of two modes: Light vs Dark and Free For All. The players in this multiplayer mode are generic designed fighters. You're able to alter many settings in Options such as Handicap, Time Limits, and Item Frequency.
 Light vs Dark
Light vs Dark is a battle between the light and dark team. Each team has to drain their opponent's team health bar by defeating the players. The player defeated that causes the team health bar to fully deplete, will become an angel, and the first team to defeat the opponent's team angel, will win the match.
Free-For-All is a 6 way deathmatch with the goal of obtaining the most kills within the time limit.
 Streetpass and Spotpass
 AR Cards
 Arms Altar
 Idol Toss
 Treasure Hunt
Other locations revealed in the trailers but did not make it to the finished game are:
- A snowy wasteland of canyons and caverns.
- A forested area that has Pit fighting an unknown boss.
- A dark cavern with the Eggplant Wizard.
- A desert area with Pit flying at a sunset.
- A grassland that is plagued with tornadoes. Dark Pit would be fought here.
- Purple room where Dark Pit is first seen.
- Inside a bluish building that has Pit facing a boss.
Related ThreadsKid Icarus: Uprising Error Code - last post @ Jun 8, 2012
"Uprising" Masahiro Sakurai interview - last post by @ Jul 16, 2010
New Details for Kid Icarus: Uprising - last post by @ Jan 19, 2012
The Uprising Begins! - last post by @ Jun 19, 2012
Kid Icarus Uprising Leaderboards - last post by @ May 16, 2012